Thursday, May 22, 2008

Piggery!

Today I was walking back to NGO Forum after lunch, and someone rode their bike past me with two little piglets hanging in separate bags from each side of the panier – and oh, how they snorted away. I found it immensely amusing.

Then, right behind him, another guy rode by with a much bigger and dead-er pig (the mumma?) on the back of his bike, and it reminded me of Kitgum Pig Man. I wonder where Kitgum Pig Man is today. I saw KPM leave Kitgum Matidi the same time as I did on Tuesday evening with a giant, floppy, dead sow on the back of his bike. He managed to be quite far ahead of us on the road (we had to abandon the road we originally took to Kitgum Town and backtrack because there were two trucks rolled up in the mud and blocking the road). The funny thing was that the next day, about 30 minutes into our drive back to Gulu, we saw the same guy on the road ahead of us, with the same dead pig that was definitely looking the worse for wear. It is this kind of health and safety in food preparation that explains battery-acid diarrhea and sudden projectile vomiting. And I’m not even going to talk about the camp stews.

That’s all. Pigs are funny.

No comments: